1. Join the Surrey Vegans UK Facebook Group… and invite your vegan, veggie & vegan-curious friends to join. The bigger we are the more likely people interested in veganism will join and learn how to make the transition.
2. Post in the group. If you stumble across vegan options somewhere local to you, let all the vegans in Surrey know so they can share your joy. The more knowledge we all have about where we can eat vegan, the more people will eat vegan and so the demand for vegan food will grow.
3. Add your vegan eatery finds to the “Surrey & Surround Vegan Eats” doc in the group files… This is an invaluable resource listing all the known places to eat vegan around Surrey. Also add to the Happy Cow and Vanilla Bean apps so visiting vegans know where to go to get fed.
4. Show us your food pics. If you’ve made an epically vegan meal that you’re truly proud of, or just a tasty quick snack… show us what it’s made of. No vegan ever has complained about seeing pictures of vegan food. We all want daily food inspiration.
5. Follow Surrey Vegan to be kept up to date about vegan events happening across Surrey.
6. Come to Surrey Vegan Events. Our next event is our Monthly Market in Walton-on-Thames, Sat 23rd June 2018, 9:30am-2:30pm outside The Heart Shopping Centre. Come along, bring your friends, bring your family and enjoy a wide range of hot & cold food and drinks, along with lots of other vegan friendly produce and products. Children and dog friendly.
7. Spread the word. Express your interest in our Facebook Event pages. Invite your friends and family. Ask your friends and family to invite their friends and family. The more people who interact with the event, the more people will see the event and the more people will come to the event. More people at vegan events = more people eating vegan food and learning how to transition.
8. Show some love for our stallholders… Express your joy at their attendance at our events. Follow them online, tell them how much you love their products. Tell all your friends how amazing they are. All our stallholders are are working tirelessly to bring new and innovative vegan products to hungry vegans everywhere… lend them some words of encouragement. They are all legends in our minds.
9. Become an Official Surrey Vegan Volunteer Flyer Distributor (OSVVFD). Email us at email@example.com if there are places local to you where you could strategically position flyers for our events, where vegan, veggie, vegan-curious & not-at-all vegan folks are likely to see them. Give us a rough figure for how many flyers you’d like and an address to send them to, and they will be winging their way to prime positions all over the county.
10. Get involved in promoting veganism in every which way you can. Join AV Surrey at one of their “Cubes of Truth” taking place across the county. Join The Save Movement and bear witness at one of the Guildford Animal Save events at Slyfield. When people ask questions about why you’re vegan, tell them it’s because you don’t like any suffering, and then wow them with incredible vegan food.
We bought the first Vegan Market to Walton On Thames in April 2018 and it was a roaring success. All food sold out before 1pm. This will now be a monthly event due to popular demand.
Proud sponsors of the Surrey Vegan Fair, the latest issue of Vegan Living magazine is bursting with summery recipes to liven up your weekday lunchtimes. Wake up your taste-buds with this nutritious packed wrap to eat al desko or al fresco…and check out the mag for many more fresh recipes, vegan food, health and beauty news, ethical fashion, interviews with vegan celebrities, features on vegan travel and our fab monthly guide to eating out. Try before you subscribe by ordering an issue here: https://www.selectmagazines.co.uk/category/veganliving/.
Find us at www.veganlivingmagazine.co.uk, Twitter: @VeganLivingMag and Facebook: @veganlivingmagazine. Have a great summer!